Friday, November 21, 2014

Pietersite Pendant and Viking Knit Rope

For my birthday, several months ago, I was given a beautiful pietersite cabochon from one of my best friends.  It lay around for weeks, just waiting to be set.  I drew and redrew sketches, and finally settled on a layout and design.  This is the result - it's all mine and I love it!

Pietersite Pendant in Sterling Silver

The rope chain is viking knit and used over 30 feet of wire!  I love the flexibility and intricate look of viking knit - it's my new favorite way to make custom chains.

The pendant has also been set using the viking knit technique.  It's a little more difficult than making the rope chain, and it's definitely more time consuming than other wire wraps for cabochons, but the end result is worth it.

Pietersite Pendant in Sterling Silver

If you are interested in having a stone set for you, or a viking knit rope, please don't hesitate to contact me through my Etsy Shop!

Happy Creating,
PZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spam! If you would like a quick reply, contact me through my listed email address. Thanks for visiting! SSS