Sewing cards made from foam boards - make any shape or theme!
- Colorful Foam Board - sticky & non-sticky
- I had both and only needed 1 sticky side to make 2-sided mittens
- Hole punch
- yarn/string/shoe laces (not pictured)
- tape (also not pictured)
- Pen (optional - you can freehand it too!)
- Pick your colors & stick 2 foam boards together
- Draw/trace 1 mitten on 1/2 of a foam board - leave about 1/2 empty for the 2nd mitten if you want pairs
- Cut out 1st mitten
- Now trace the mitten (mirror image!) on the empty 1/2 of the foam board.
- Cut out 2nd mitten
- Use hole punch to make holes. I guesstimated, but you could measure out the hole centers if you wanted it more uniform.
- Cut yarn or string. If the yarn/string is going to unravel or is hard to push through the card, you can add a tape aglet (like the ends of shoelaces).
- Go play with your toddler!
2-sided foam mittens - before sewing holes are made
- Add a pattern to your sewing cards by sticking on scrapbooking paper, fabric, or even a child's drawing to the sticky foam instead of a 2nd foam board
- Use patterned/textured foam board for a more tactile experience - there are some amazing patterns/textures available!
- Hole punch letters or shapes for the child to "trace" in string
- Sew 2 mittens together!
- Go with a theme - book characters, holidays, favorite things, beach items, animals, etc.!
2-sided foam sewing cards - all ready for some yarn & kids!