Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop - Challenge Accepted!

I missed the deadline to sign up for Lori's amazing Bead Soup Blog Party for this year, so when I saw her post about the Bead Hoarders Blog Hop I rushed over to join the fun! 


All participants are, you guessed it, stashers of beads and jewelry findings!  It's difficult not to stash a little because it's difficult not to buy every pretty bead and clasp that I find - sometimes those beads seem so special that I end up waiting for a great inspiration to use them, or for the right accent beads to come along, or, ahem, I forget about them....  I like to think my beading area is fairly well organized and most of my supplies are visible, but some items, especially focal beads, are "stored" in a drawer system, out of sight.

Some of my stashed focal beads - these are my choices 
for this year's Bead Hoarders Blog Hop!

So for this challenge, I've decided to select some of my oldest focal beads and *hopefully* some of my older bead strands to use.  I could have done this on my own, but it's way more fun to accept a challenge and get creative!  Of course, if this Bead Hoarders Blog Hop turns into a yearly thing, it kinda encourages me to keep a least a few items stashed.....

I've picked out accent beads for one of the pendants - the pink quartz one.  Pink is a hard color for me to work with, almost as hard as yellow!  So I chose to start with it and I really like how the design is coming out! 

Destash #1 - Rose quartz focal bead and glass accent beads.
What will my final design be?!

I'll post more sneak peak updates until the July 20th reveal - when I'll show off my final designs and have links to everyone else's!  I love blog hop days!

Follow my link above, or the button/badge on the top left of my blog, to sign up, read more about this challenge, or visit Lori's amazing webpages!  Reveal/Blog Hop is July 20th!

Happy Creating,
PZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spam! If you would like a quick reply, contact me through my listed email address. Thanks for visiting! SSS