Sunday, June 6, 2010

PROCEEDS FOR CLEANUP: BP Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill

As the BP oil leak continues in the Gulf of Mexico and hits land, and hurricane season is just around the bend, my heart cries out for all the damage and deaths that have and will occur.  Since I can't go down to the coast to volunteer my services at this time, my husband and I have decided to donate money to a couple agencies putting cleanup crews together (more info below). 

In addition, I will be donating 50% of all proceeds from jewelry sales through the month of June, with the possibility of continuing through to August.

So, if you'd like a little something for yourself, or would just like to donate some money for this cause while also receiving something from me, please visit one of my shops (Etsy or 1000 Markets) and make a purchase!  If you'd like to donate the entire sum to the cause instead, please visit one of the links below!

Some agencies collecting donations and/or accepting volunteers for cleanup efforts in the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster:




For more information and a map, please visit the following site: 
 

They give a good explanation of what has and is occurring and what you can do to help.


The US Fish & Wildlife Service has also posted a list of things you can do to help:



2 comments:

  1. It makes me cry evrytime I see these images of animals or even just hear about it! The impact of this disaster will be with us for decades because this oil is going to seep into everything it comes into contact with. Shame on BP for being so irresponsible and slow! Kudos to you for what you are doing to help. Hopefully finance will allow me to do the same. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news - I had some good sales this weekend at the Farmer's Market and have some more money to donate to this cause!

    ReplyDelete

Please, no spam! If you would like a quick reply, contact me through my listed email address. Thanks for visiting! SSS