Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Turned Wood Pendants by Make-A-Few

Make-A-Few is my brother's woodworking shop - he's always expanding, but currently he makes cedar chests and turned wood creations.  Recently he got a new toy, an off-center jig, and started making wood pendants!

Lucky me - I get to string the pendants!  I've seen several very nice wood turned pendants strung simply on leather cord or with a small accent bead.  Since I like that look, too, some of his pendants will be strung like that....

But these pendants are special to me, and I think they deserve special attention.  So I have also come up with plans for wire wrapped accents, special focal points, and beaded inlays....

Here's a preview photo with the 1st three pendants, soon to be available in my Etsy Shop, PZ Designs:

Three of Make-A-Few's wood turned pendants, strung by PZ Designs (me).
Left to Right:  Wire wrapped accent on beech; Blue accent bead with butternut; 
Focal point inlay on hickory (my personal favorite).

These pendants are LARGE at 2-3 inches across.  While I might bring in more beads for some of them, I mostly think their large size is statement enough, plus I don't want to detract from the awesome, natural splendor of the wood!

For more about Make-A-Few, please visit his Shop or his Google+ page.  He's taken custom orders in the past, so please contact him if you are interested in unstrung pendants for yourself.

Thanks for stopping by and
Happy Creating,
PZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spam! If you would like a quick reply, contact me through my listed email address. Thanks for visiting! SSS