Friday, February 28, 2014

More Metals - Yes Please!

I was busy this weekend and it felt great!  I finished a bracelet for my husband, a bracelet for a friend, and a pendant for a customer!  All work was in metals and I loved it - I miss working with metal and am happy to be getting back into it.

Viking Braid Bracelet - 3 strands of viking knit, forged clasp

First up - the bracelet for my husband!  This was a tester piece, and I say it is a success!  He loves it, says it fits him the best of all the bracelets I've made for him, and it's been quite a few....Now available in my etsy shop; made with copper, sterling silver wire, and yellow gold filled wire (I'm also offering to use rose/pink gold filled wire instead of copper).  My husband's has a handmade copper clasp, but the ones in my shop will have sterling silver.  All handmade and all metal and fabulous!

Dragonfly Cuff - roller printed, stamped, hammered

Next is a bracelet for one of my very best friends - and I hope it has arrived on her doorstep by now!  Roller printed and stamped copper cuff, featuring one of her favorite creatures, the dragonfly.  A lot of detail is lost in the photos - the copper glows and the scene is more obvious in person.  Cattails, water, a sliver moon, and lots of dragonflies!

Goldstone Pendant - hammered sterling silver, goldstone nugget (shown on viking knit chain)

Finally I'm showing off a pendant.  It's not my usual style, but I love how it turned out!  Goldstone nugget wrapped in sterling silver wire.  What I really love is the hammered wire on the bottom half of the briolette wrap!  It was tricky to work with, but I think the end result was worth it.  The hammering adds interest, texture, and a stronger nature vibe with the goldstone nugget.  I think I'll have to try it again, maybe with an actual briolette!

Happy Creating,
PZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spam! If you would like a quick reply, contact me through my listed email address. Thanks for visiting! SSS