Friday, June 27, 2014

Coming Soon: Copper Art Panel

I have been commissioned to create a piece of artwork!  A LARGE piece of artwork out of COPPER!

It's exciting news and my biggest commission to date - but it also means that my jewelry creations are taking a backseat this month.  It took a couple weeks to draw up the design, get a rough copy approved, and then fill in the details and make a copy to work from.

But I have now started the sawing and filing and it's so wonderful to be working with metal, on my workbench, on a piece of art that I've already been paid for!  Makes me feel a little more successful.

Here's a small portion of what I'm working on.  The finished piece is 16 inches wide by 4 feet tall.  This section is less than 6 inches tall - so I have a lot more to do!

And this piece will fit right in with my new portfolio - one that I'm hoping to have on display in an art gallery by next tourist season....My other pieces will include natural animals and scenes.  This may or may not be the only mythical, fantastical creation - I haven't decided yet.  But I do so love (and miss) creating dragons (or serpents)!

I'm expecting my posts to be sporadic or continued updates for this piece for the next month or so.  In August I should be resuming my other metalwork and jewelry designs!

Happy Creating!
PZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spam! If you would like a quick reply, contact me through my listed email address. Thanks for visiting! SSS