Friday, October 24, 2014

Two-Sided Pendant - Aqua Terra Jasper

I recently finished a gift, a two-sided pendant.  This is the third time I've wire wrapped this stone - the first two times just didn't look right.  First I tried copper in a herringbone weave variation, and I liked the copper, but not the weave.  Then I tried a flame weave in silver, but I couldn't get the frame to sit around the rectangular pendant nicely.


I wanted to incorporate the cross pendant as well, and came up with a woven setting for the stone  that allowed me to bring in the pendant as a part of the piece, instead of just a last minute add-on.  I like that one side shows off the stone, an aqua terra jasper, and the other the pendant. 


The chain is also handmade - it's a viking knit with bead accents.  I thought the viking knit tied into the pendant weave nicely, and the green beads brought it all together in a cohesive, final piece.

As always, there is room for improvement, but I'm pretty happy with the piece - and I'm told the birthday girl is too!

Happy Creating,
PZ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spam! If you would like a quick reply, contact me through my listed email address. Thanks for visiting! SSS