Monday, April 26, 2010

Inspired Chainmaille Artists on DA

Chainmaille is another art form that I have very little experience with - not because I couldn't do it but because I don't have the patience for it.  I know, beading with seed beads is so much faster.  I can't explain it, maybe it's because I'm a purist and feel the need to make my own jump rings, which I don't enjoy doing....It's not even that hard, just time consuming!

However, chainmaille is an art form and I could only do the basic weaves (are they called weaves?).  My designs would be simple and boring compared to the pieces I'm showing you.  Here are 6 chainmaille artists from DeviantArt that are inspired as well as inspiring!













And if you like these, you should check out these Deviant's galleries for more amazing designs (links above).  Or peruse the DeviantArt site for more talented chainmaillers - there is more than just jewelry on display, believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spam! If you would like a quick reply, contact me through my listed email address. Thanks for visiting! SSS