Friday, January 23, 2015

New Pendants: Wire-wrapping Natural Stones

I've completed several new pendants in the last few days and am excited to show them off!  I'm continuing to explore ways to capture natural stones with wire while moving my work into sterling silver. 

Small agate pendant in sterling silver - stone is 1" high.

"Brownstone" in sterling silver - I'm trying to identify this lovely rock!

Leopard Skin Jasper in sterling silver - stone is from Indonesia.

The most difficult aspect of this art form, I think, is deciding how to finish the wire ends in an appealing and stable way....  A few more stones await, and then I'll have to go visit my local source for cabochons.  That thought alone spurs me on as he has so many great stones to choose from!

Happy creating,
SSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spam! If you would like a quick reply, contact me through my listed email address. Thanks for visiting! SSS