Last week I sent out my soup to Gloria, and she sent her soup to me. We both got each others' packages - so I can now reveal what I sent and what I received! It's all so exciting and my mind is racing with possibilities....
This is what I sent Gloria:
|My soup for Gloria!|
|Oops - the soup needed a little more sterling!|
- Large stone focal (dumortierite)
- Sterling silver clasp
- Sterling silver accent beads (separate photo - last minute addition!)
- Various glass beads (Czech, fire-polished, marbled)
- Various crystal bicones
- Sodalite daggers
- Freshwater pearls
- Large link chain
|Dumortierite Focal - 2 very different sides to choose from!|
I love the focal and had ideas running through my head about what I'd do with it, if it were mine to keep. Its 2 sides are very different. One side is highly polished, black and blue. The other is rough, with yellows and oranges added to the mix. So I'm really excited to see what Gloria decides to make with my soup - and which side she'll show off on the focal!
|Chain & toggle clasp details.|
And this is what Gloria sent my way, in 3 pretty bags:
|Gloria packaged her soup up with an elegant touch!|
- Several focals (brass heart, copper flower, fairy cameo, glass flower, & Donna Millard bead)
- Several clasps (brass toggle, box clasp, flower toggle, handmade copper hook & scroll)
- Copper findings (jump rings, head pins, ear wires)
- Various gemstone beads (agates, dyed jade, malachite/azurite, flowers, jasper, amethyst)
- Various crystals (bicones, drops, squares)
|Gloria's soup for me!|
I think there are at least 3 soups in there, maybe more! I think it's a great soup - it will definitely challenge me because I don't usually work with so many colors, or such fun, bright colors! I have ideas for most of the soup ingredients, but my absolute favorites are the fairy cameo focal (I adore fairies, as childish as that is....) and the bead by Donna Millard (her work is gorgeous!).
|Fairy Cameo - LOVE it! And the matching clasp....|
|Donna Millard Focal - LOVE it, too! So bright!|
So thank you thank you thank you, Gloria! You were so generous with your soup - now I have to get busy creating!
The reveal date is May 3rd - so come back then, if not before! And check out Gloria's blog, too!
|Aquamarine beads - a special gift from Gloria!|
Oh, I can't believe I almost forgot! Gloria also added some aquamarine beads as a special gift - aren't they gorgeous?! I'm supposed to make some earrings with them....maybe I can show those off before the reveal date!